Our Parent Council is in place to support the communication and interaction between parents/carers and the school.
The Parent Council is tasked to:
· Work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school community.
· Encourage links between the school and it’s pupils, parents/carers and the wider community.
· Develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
· Report actions taken to the Parent Forum.
· Receive reports from the Head Teacher.
· Encourage participation of all parents/carers and pupils in fundraising for the enhancements of the school and the community.
· Deal with issues that have a bearing on the school, or potential bearing, upon the whole school. Concerns or queries about children as individuals should be addressed to the relevant member of school staff.
· Encouraging the development of better communication links between the school and parents/carers.
· Taking part in the selection of senior staff to the school.
· Raising the profile of the Parent Council.
· Holding and supporting fundraising events and initiatives.
· An ongoing subcommittee working on building strong relationships between the school and the community.
· An ongoing subcommittee working with the school on careers advice for pupils.
We are always looking for ways to build on these achievements. If you would like to become involved, or have an issue/idea you would like us to discuss, please get in touch by email, at Facebook at “Dunblane High School Parent Council”
Parent Council members @ 15th May 2017
Kendal Delaney (Teacher Rep)
Sandy Fleming (Chair)
Vicki Sheridan (Secretary)
Kayleigh Fraser (Pupil rep)
Flynn Starrs (Pupil rep)
Minutes from 2016/2017
October 24th 2016
January 9th 2017
March 20th 2017
Minutes from 2017/2018
August 28th 2017 (Downloadable PowerPoint)
November 27th 2017
February 26th 2018 (Additional Document)